Tuesday, September 11, 2012

“Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” - Albert Einstein

I can't believe how long it has been since being on Dougies blog. So much has happened since then; Dougie is now a big brother to Charlotte Brookins Collins, she was born on Friday January 13th and we were able to bring her home on Dougies 1st birthday which was very special. Things with Charlotte have been incredible; she is the most wonderful little girl, so happy all the time and so very smart it amazes me. We talk to her about her big brother in heaven all the time, and I am so glad I started this blog when I did so that when she is old enough she will be able to read it and see what a hero Doug was. I've been home with Charlee, watching her grow every single day is a true blessing, and I think had I not experienced Dougies journey I would take something’s for granted. I've also started a few little projects to raise awareness for CDH, they are works in progress and I will post about that at a later date. October 14th is CHOC hospitals annual CHOC walk in the park, and I have started a team to walk in memory of Dougie to raise money for CHOC hospital, which did so much for our family during Dougies stay and to also raise awareness for CDH. I’m asking friends and family to sponsor me, so that I can hit my fund raising goal of $2,500. My donation will help CHOC keep its commitment to treat every child. By making a gift of $5, $15, $50 or whatever you can afford, you are making a difference in the life of a child like Dougie. Please click on the donate button on the left side of the page, every little bit helps! Thank you for supporting me and such a wonderful cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment